Tuesday, October 16, 2018

We're Having Another Baby!


I can hardly believe these words as I type them. We are expecting another little love, due to join us April 2019! We are in complete awe of this answered prayer and so incredibly thankful for this gift from the Lord, our sweet little rainbow baby.

As expected, there are many, many emotions flying around in my head and my heart these days. While our hearts ache knowing our family will never be completely whole again this side of heaven, we are so excited and in love with this sweet babe, and are praying + believing we will hold this little one in our arms next Spring. In all of it, I’m just overwhelmed with gratitude because I feel so undeserving of all that's happening in my life.


When they say that pregnancy after your first is different, they were absolutely right. When I was pregnant with Gabe, I had no idea what to expect. I didn’t know the kind of love I would experience as a new mama. I had all kinds of fears and doubts. This time, I know what's ahead. I know the crazy physical exhaustion and the agony of childbirth and icky pregnancy symptoms and toys all over the house, and I can absolutely say it’s 100% worth it. On the other side is a tiny soul who I will love with more than I think I’m capable of. I cannot wait to find out who this little person will be!

Kyle is thrilled, and Gabe is baby-obsessed, so I’m pretty sure he’s going to LOVE being a big brother!



Now for all the fun pregnancy questions!

When are you due? 
April 23, 2019

How far along are you? 
13 Weeks today! And good grief I HAVE NO ABS. My sweet little belly has popped out so stinkin' fast with this baby there is no more hiding it!

Have you had any symptoms / morning sickness? 
YES. Cue the first trimester nausea, exhaustion, and inability to find any type of food appealing. It has been quite a different pregnancy so far than I had with Gabe, and I now truly understand what morning sickness is. I think I'm finally starting to turn the corner and feel better now that the second trimester is here. Despite all the icky symptoms, I am so grateful for that little babe growing!

Are you going to find out the gender? 
YES! We're hoping to find out in early November and planning to have a small gender reveal party with just family soon after. Kyle's thinking girl, and I'm thinking boy, so we'll see who's right soon enough!

Do you have a name picked out? 
We have a girl name up our sleeves, but boy names? No clue.


I’m nervous, excited, and so thankful that our little family is growing. My greatest desire right now is to savor this season of being pregnant, having Gabe as our only baby, and loving Kyle well. To not rush, but to enjoy every step of this journey, exactly how it’s meant to be. Y’all, I can’t believe I’m going to be a mama of TWO! We would love and appreciate your prayers for our family as we grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS